Martin Honors Scholarship
The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program enables Washington State Community College students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to complete their baccalaureate degrees at the University of Washington Seattle Campus. Martin Honors Scholars are encouraged to join the Honors Program at the UW and, depending on their choice of major, are eligible to graduate with Departmental or College Honors.
Applicants are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose. They are expected to have well-formulated ideas about the direction of future studies and subsequent careers. In addition, They should list evidence how a Martin Scholarship will encourage the pursuit of a program of education most likely to fulfill their potential. Financial need may be considered but is not a requirement.
- Applicants must be Washington State residents who are U.S. citizens or resident aliens and are currently attending or have attended a community college in the state of Washington.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a Washington State Community College by the time they matriculate at the University of Washington. Students who hold an associate's degree are encouraged to apply.
- Washington State community college transfer students who are currently enrolled at the University of Washington may not have earned more than 18 UW credits by the application deadline of Friday, July 6, 2012.
- The award will depend on successful admission to the University of Washington as a matriculated student.
- The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant's gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.
Please click here for additional information and to access the Martin Honors Scholarship application.